Local company is seeking an OFFICE ASSISTANT to join their team. This is a full time, long term position. The Office Assistant plays an important role in the day-to-day workings of the company. The corporation relies on this position to manage day-to-functions such as: greeting visitors to our office in a friendly and professional matter; processing inbound and outbound mail; receiving and disbursing supplies; by coordinating with and maintaining good working relationships with vendors; keeping supplies in-stock and organized; running reports and performing data entry tasks; organizing, performing set-up and tear-down of company events; running errands; and keeping the office looking its best every day by performing minor housekeeping duties.
- Follow the golden rule and professionally represent the company. Treat others as you wish to be treated, follow corporate guidelines as outlined in the employee handbook, and maintain confidentiality of all company information.
- Initiate and innovate. Look for opportunities to add value by discovering better ways of doing things and helping co-workers.
- Communicate and collaborate. Express your ideas with your co-workers and your manager and work together to achieve more than you can alone.
- Own your position. Strive to become an expert in what you do, take responsibility for your actions, and perform your essential job functions under a minimal amount of direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greets visitors in a friendly and professional manner and maintains visitor sign-in sheets.
- Assists with corporate event planning e.g. making reservations, obtaining quotes, evaluating sites, set-up, tear-down, etc.
- Makes preparations for visitors such as cleaning the conference room before and after, picking up food and drinks, and preparing visitor sign-in board as required.
- Performs regular office supply inventories and purchases items as required. Obtains approvals as required prior to purchasing new items.
- Performs research and regularly evaluates purchases to make sure the company is getting the best deal for their money.
- Keeps office supplies organized and accessible.
- Receives, validates order accuracy, and disburses office supplies. Manages returns of defective or unneeded items.
- Primary point of contact for company’s vendors (including janitorial service) to correct problems, obtain quotes, supplies, etc.
- Uses specialized equipment to fold, insert into envelopes, seal and apply postage to outbound letters and other communications. Manually stuffs envelopes when needed. Adds postage funds and creates postage reports. Requests servicing as needed.
- Receives and disburses daily mail from the post office throughout the company.
- Prepares and ships items via USPS and UPS as needed.
- Opens and date-stamps Member Service mail upon receipt.
- Requests boxes from and sends boxes to company’s offsite file storage location (Multiplex).
- Runs errands as directed including picking up mail from company’s post office box.
- Troubleshoots and requests servicing as needed on shared printer/copiers. Stocks toner and paper. Sends print count reports as requested.
- Cleans appliances e.g. refrigerators, coffee maker, etc.
- Keeps common areas and the front lobby looking spotless by performing minor housekeeping including: washing and putting away dishes, dusting pictures, sweeping and mopping messes as they happen, wiping counters, emptying coffee pots, spraying off the front walkway if needed, and other tasks as assigned.
- Empties recycle bins from offices and cubicles.
- Takes out recycle, shred and trash bins for pick-up.
- Recycles used batteries and toner cartridges.
- Delivers employee-donated items to designated charity.
- Moves and sets up employee work stations as needed.
- Provides support to other departments as needed by: preparing and sending reports, performing data entry, scanning documents, filing, processing change of address notices, setting up site access for clients and partners, reviewing marketing material and member data for accuracy.
- Creates and updates procedures as directed.
- Consistently meets agreed upon or assigned tasks and/or project deadlines.
- Manages downtime by proactively seeking additional work from co-workers and manager.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- H.S. Diploma
- 2+ years of clerical/office support experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Comfortable with computers; can learn new software programs quickly
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to take on a wide variety of tasks with grace and a cheerful manner.
- Type 35+ WPM
- Ability to consistently produce work that is free from material error, with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with inventory management and purchasing
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting office equipment
PHYSICAL & MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Lift up to 30 lbs
- Use of ladders and other equipment
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Ability to concentrate and solve problems
- Average amount of walking
- Frequent automobile operation