Transitional Housing Case Manager
O2 Employment Services is currently recruiting a Transitional Housing Case Manager. Under the close supervision and direction of the Program Officer and in collaboration with the Transitional Housing team, the Transitional Housing Case Manager provides oversight and support to the Transitional Housing program. This includes reviewing candidates for the program, assisting clients with applications, and providing referrals to housing resources within the community when clients qualify for such subsidies. Responsibilities include advocating for victim’s rights, program implementation, and working with community partners in providing the services offered under our program’s umbrella. Other services provided include peer counseling, advocacy, rapid rehousing services, one-time renal/move-in assistance, and household establishment.
Transitional Housing Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide client assessment and crisis intervention to walk-in/scheduled clients who have indicated a need for housing services.
- Review Transitional Housing Applications per assistance requested by victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and sex trafficking.
- Provide on-going case management including responding to reasonable needs to clients under the program’s budgetary restrictions.
- Knowledge of the program’s objectives and maintain compliance with the grant requirements.
- Perform data entry requirements in database – ServicePoint (HMIS)
- Attend weekly Transitional Housing and Residence Case Staffing with project staff as assigned.
- Assist in follow up reporting of funded projects by the direction and requests from Program Officer.
- Assist in in providing advocacy to clients in need within housing project.
- Prepare check requests for payment assistance – rent, move-in costs, utilities, etc. when needed.
- Assist with coordination of household establishment assistance with project staff and volunteers.
- Train new transitional housing advocates on their essential job duties and guidance on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide follow-up services to clients participating in the program.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings an in-service training, as required.
- Ability to balance and provide self-care while meeting the demands of this position.
- Provide additional advocacy services to the agency’s clients on an as needed basis.
- Maintain Crisis Intervention Counselor Certification by participating in on-going continuing education (post-hiring requirement).
- Participate in the after-hours crisis hotline scheduling a minimum of two shifts each month (post-training).
Transitional Housing Case Manager Benefits:
Transitional Housing Case Manager Requirements:
- Relevant work experience with a social services agency serving individuals who have experienced trauma or working within a housing program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively in public and facilitate group discussions as needed.
- Ability to represent the company with professionally on agency business.
- Ability to pass a background investigation, including willingness to be fingerprinted and undergo pre-employment drug testing.
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and providing proof of vehicle insurance.
- Satisfactory completion of a 66-hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Counselor training (post-hiring requirement).
- Lift and carry 25lbs, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back or open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb a ladder or stairs, or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc.
- Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc
- Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.