WAREHOUSE & SHIPPING TEAM LEADER SUMMARY
Large food producer and distributor is currently seeking qualified candidates for their 2nd shift Warehouse & Shipping Team Leader position. This is a reputable company with long standing quality standards. This is a great long term opportunity! The Warehouse and Shipping Operations Team Leader is responsible for managing and leading all aspects of warehouse operations including adherence to Inventory Practices, Organization, Team Leadership and Shipping.
WAREHOUSE & SHIPPING TEAM LEADERREQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 4 years of proven experience supervising staff in a lead or supervisor role in a related field, required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, highly preferred. Education can be substituted for some required experience.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Ability:
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) to various levels within the organization.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and MS Excel.
- Ability to lead by example and to teach, accept feedback and accept help.
- Ability to prioritize and quickly shift priorities.
- Ability to quickly adapt to dynamic Company needs and process changes.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills, detail oriented.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal Employment laws and regulations.
- Supervises a Truck Driver, Coordinator, Floor Lead and several forklift drivers.
WAREHOUSE & SHIPPING TEAM LEADER COMPENSATION
- $65k-$75k Depending on experience
- Competitive benefit package
WAREHOUSE & SHIPPING TEAM LEADER DUTIES
- Implements Lean practices through analyzing work processes and developing standard work for key function in the warehouse.
- Continuously analyze space utilization and re-valuate optimal storage configurations based on velocity and safety stock needed.
- Responsible for the crewing and execution of Special Services in the warehouse (i.e. Amazon, MODS & Shippers).
- Maintain relevant metrics on the storyboards. Review with Team during pre-shift meetings.
- Holds warehouse team accountable for proper inventory practices for Brites and Finished Goods.
- Works with Inventory Control team to develop proper inventory practices using WMS or ERP system (JDE).
- Responsible for leading the initiative in reducing product defects (dents/damage) caused in the warehousing and shipping process.
- Establishes a strong cultural environment; this includes team building and problem solving mindset.
- Accomplishes warehouse operations human resources objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Communicates job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensures the culture promotes safety, productivity, and teamwork at all levels of the operation.
- Ongoing presence on the floor (boots on the ground).
- Facilitate strong working rapport between Warehouse team, Production departments, Customer Service, Sales, and the Customer.
- Leads nightly pre-shift/startup meetings to communicate the daily plan/workload.
- Implements and uses Situational Leadership techniques where applicable.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA requirements, safety regulations and maintains a safe, clean work environment.
- Participates and provides support to safety programs and assure all employees participate in safety meetings, programs, and completes individual requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of SQF policy including mock recalls and updating controlled documents in the department.
- Uses Lean methods to approach problem solving (i.e. PDCA, Kaizen).
- Participates in annual department and labor budget, analyzes variances, and identifies gaps including action plans to close gaps to meet corporate goals.
- Evaluates warehouse utilization and accounts for seasonal fluctuation of volume and the impact to the warehouse.
- Continuously assesses core skills within the department and/or shift to ensure there is backup when needed. Ensures proper cross training of staff.
- Manages the Shipping department nightly activities to ensure accurate processing and shipping of sales orders, including stock transfers, while maintaining high level of order fulfillment.
- Responsible for communicating with Carriers and Customers to setup appointments; ensuring a good pass-down is received from Day Shift.
- Develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures for the efficient picking and loading of product.
- Ensures that processes and tools are in place for shipping team to attain productivity targets. Enforces compliance for times entered by staff.
- Ensures nightly railcars are loaded and released to transportation and planning following the proper loading guidelines.
- Accountable for providing nightly tactical pass-down to the next morning’s shift.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WAREHOUSE & SHIPPING TEAM LEADER HOURS