COORDINATOR/PEER MENTOR ASSISTANT SUMMARY
Local non-profit the specializes in the youth in our community and substance abuse and prevention is currently seeking candidates to interview for a coordinator and peer mentoring assistant. This is a full time, long term position with a great local company.
COORDINATOR/PEER MENTOR ASSISTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- This position requires initiative, leadership abilities and an outgoing personality. Applicant will be able to maintain confidentiality and professional work standards within a fast-paced organization. Qualifications include the ability to: develop positive relationships with youth and colleagues, prioritize and organize workloads to meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision; coordinate multiple and complex activities within varying projects; supervise volunteers and staff; handle all situations with creativity and diplomacy; work flexible hours as operations/needs dictate. Applicants should have knowledge of the youth development framework and substance abuse prevention practices and have the following knowledge/skills: excellent written and verbal communication skills; familiarity with technology including word processing and data base programs, social media, and website design; training skills. Valid Driver License is required.
COORDINATOR/PEER MENTOR ASSISTANT COMPENSATION
- 35k-40k annual salary dependent upon experience
- Competitive benefit package
COORDINATOR/PEER MENTOR ASSISTANT DUTIES
- Duties and responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating substance abuse prevention projects and activities. The substance abuse prevention projects and activities are designed to build partnerships for positive and healthy youth development, engaging youth as active leaders and resources in their communities
- Oversee the implementation of the Friday Night Live and Club Live programs.
- Create working relationships and coordinate project activities with other organizations, agencies, schools, individuals, and established events/happenings.
- Assist in the planning and development of educational and awareness conferences, seminars, workshops, and in-services.
- Recruit, train, hire, supervise, motivate, and evaluate staff, adult, and youth volunteers.
- Plan, coordinate, and support events and/or community activities including alternative activities, community service opportunities, and others.
- Provide youth and adult trainings in multiple areas including leadership, communication, diversity, community action/involvement, team building, and public speaking.
- Plan and develop youth-led media campaigns.
- Assist with the preparation of progress reports and other required reports and documents.
- Assist in evaluation development and design and collect data for project evaluations.
- Assist the Project Director and volunteers to plan, develop, and implement the educational and awareness campaign and social host marketing campaign
- Train volunteers and presenters, coordinate, and support events and/or community activities; responsible for registrations for events and collecting and recording demographic data
- Provide youth and adult trainings in multiple areas including leadership, communication, diversity, community action/involvement, team building, and public speaking
- Prepare progress reports and other required reports and documents.
- Assist in evaluation and design of programs.
- Coordinate, collect and enter data from youth development survey for evaluation.
- Attend regional, state, and federal meetings and trainings, and other trainings as needed.
- Participate in monthly regional and state Friday Night Live conference calls
- Participate in monthly local coalition meetings.
- Pursue continued education/training in areas such as funding research, group facilitation and youth development issues.
COORDINATOR/PEER MENTOR ASSISTANT HOURS
- 40 hours a week, must with available nights and weekends for events
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.