The Office Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for preparing the monthly accounting, accounts payable and receivable functions, and maintaining records. Must be able to resolve issues with tenants and vendors. This position is also responsible for cleaning the office building.
- Accounts receivable: creating receivables, receiving rent and security deposits. Assemble bank deposits and deposit checks.
- Accounts payable: entering recurring bills, monitoring utility bills to make sure charges are correct and current usage is in line with usage history. Processing and verifying repair bills. Ensure timely payment of all vendor payments and expenses.
- Preparing electronic leases for signing new tenants.
- Setting up new tenants and vendors in system and following up to get required documents.
- Responding to tenant and vendor inquiries.
- Ensure the office is supplied and equipment operational.
- Ensure and maintain order and cleanliness of the office, building and outside areas.
- Ensure the lowest price for supplies ordered.
- Year-end 1099 processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks and MS office with strong Excel.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and quick execution.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and adapt to organization needs.
- Ability to decorate office building for various holidays.
- Positive attitude with a pleasant and engaging personality.
- We are looking for someone with existing entry to intermediate level experience.
Business is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.