Redding’s largest and fastest-growing construction company is currently seeking an experienced Tile Setter to fill a long-term, full-time position located in Redding, CA. The ideal candidate should be a reliable, team player looking to provide customers with a beautiful finished product.
Requirements of the Tile Setter
- Ability to properly layout field tiles, trims, accents, and patterns to fit the areas to be tiled while achieving the intended design.
- Ability to install tile and stone flat, level, and true to a plane with minimal lippage as set forth by the TCNA.
- Product knowledge and understanding of the appropriate use with different types of cement mortars/grouts, and epoxy mortars/grouts.
- Must be able to work in and adjust to varying job site conditions typical in a new home and commercial construction
- Ability to do mathematical calculations to estimate quantities, provide takeoffs when needed, and the ability to determine time, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity to timely completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner in writing and verbally.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions provided by assigned Journeyman Tile Installer and immediate supervisor.
Benefits of the Tile Setter
- $24+/hour with growth potential
- Voluntary dental | vision | medical | term-life insurance, sick pay, and more!
Responsibilities of the Tile Setter
- Tile setting/installation Perform layouts, grouting, and sealing
- Measuring and cutting tile
- Demo to prepare for new installation whenever necessary
- Install pans
- Working with ceramic, porcelain, glass, marble tile
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to kneel 60-100% of the day
- All other tasks as assigned
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.