Local scientific equipment manufacturing company is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join their dynamic accounting team. This person will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Invoicing. This position reports to the Accounting Manager, and/or VP of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS for CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
- Minimum of AA degree in Accounting is required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in all aspects of Accounting: A/P, A/R, Invoicing, G/L.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated supervisory/leadership experience, including interviewing, selection and onboarding; conducting performance reviews; setting performance goals; employee training; employee motivation; coaching, counseling, and disciplinary processes; hiring and termination experience.
- Manufacturing and inventory related Accounting is strongly desired.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to do multiple bank reconciliations.
- Must have solid experience with Accounting/Billing software. Experience with Syspro or other ERP system is preferred.
- Familiarity with payroll taxes is a plus.
- Experience with foreign currency transactions and international customers is desired.
- Excellent customer interaction skills, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment and must be able to learn new things quickly.
- Must demonstrate high competency in computer skills; Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- Strong typing and 10-key skills.
- The ability to be self-motivated as well as work well in a team.
- A high sense of organization and attention to detail, and high level of accuracy in work product.
- Exceptional ability to keep confidentiality of private and all highly sensitive information
- Regular and prompt attendance is required, and maintaining a consistent, strong, and accurate work effort throughout the day.
- $22 – $30/hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- paid vacation, paid sick time, and holidays.
Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift will be between 6:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and may vary based on business needs.
DUTIES for CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
- Supervise all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Billing functions, as well as front office and general office and clerical duties.
- Perform some Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, and Billing functions as workload demands.
- Train new employees on Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Billing functions.
- Prepare daily information/reports for the VP of Finance and/or Accounting Manager as directed.
- Prepare monthly activity reports for the VP of Finance and/or Accounting Manager.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations.
- Perform trial balance monthly as needed for financial statements.
- Perform end of the month entries for Accountant, including amortization, depreciation, taxes, assets, etc.
- Perform End of Month closing tasks.
- Supports International Billing.
- Review payroll tax returns and sales tax returns for accuracy.
- Work with Customer Service on daily issues.
- Oversee management of past due accounts and assist with collections as necessary.
- Maintain Contract Pricing.
- Track commissions for dealers and sales people.
- Perform performance reviews of Accounting staff.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.