The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting and supporting the Corporate Auditor in the corporate and trust accounting functions and supervises the Accounting staff. This position will prepare the company’s monthly financial statements, the annual budget, and other financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of all aspects of Accounting. The Senior Accountant must be reliable, energetic, with the ability to conceptualize and drive projects to completion.
- Follow the golden rule and professionally represent the company. Treat others as you wish to be treated, follow corporate guidelines as outlined in the employee handbook, and maintain confidentiality of all Company information.
- Initiate and innovate. Look for opportunities to add value by discovering better ways of doing things and helping co-workers.
- Communicate and collaborate. Express your ideas with your co-workers, and your manager. Working together to achieve more than you can alone.
- Own your position. Strive to become an expert in what you do, take responsibility for your actions, and perform your essential job functions under a minimal amount of direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports monthly.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenue, financial commitments, and obligations to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Performs monthly billing activities and reconciliations.
- Generates miscellaneous company Accounts Payable weekly.
- Audits monthly carrier and commission payments for accuracy.
- Reconciles monthly corporate bank statement.Prepares for and manages annual financial audit.
- Reconciles corporate credit cards and petty cash.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Consistently meets agreed upon or assigned tasks and/or project deadlines
- Manages downtime by proactively seeking additional work from co-workers and manager
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- Other job duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant Accounting experience
- Experience working in Microsoft Office
- Above average Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Type a minimum of 45 words per minute
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to work cohesively within a Team
- Ability to work independently
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting (or equivalent)
- Supervisory experience
Competitive pay; $60-80k/year DOE
***Please apply online at www.o2es.com. You will find the link in the top right hand corner of the web page. After you complete the online application, call us to schedule an interview! 530-223-4674