We are seeking an individual to fill a temporary position as a Retail Cashier in Redding, CA.
BASIC JOB PURPOSE/FUNCTION
Must have the ability to operate cash registers and interact with customers in a courteous/professional manner. Assist in stocking shelves, coolers, maintain food and drink dispensing equipment in a clean and sanitary condition. Perform basic clean up procedures in and around the store and car wash facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Operate cash registers and gasoline read-in console to completely and accurately record all sales and other transactions
- Ability to make change accurately
- Check in and stock merchandise, according to Company procedures
- Perform scheduled and interim maintenance on store equipment as necessary
- Basic cleanup of messes, spills, or unsanitary conditions as soon as practical and immediately correct
- Be aware of any hazardous situations that may develop
- Do routine cleanup chores around store grounds
- Prevent or report any loitering, illegal or immoral activity occurring on Company property as soon as practical
- Handle customer complaints, in the absence of the Mini-Mart Manager, promptly and courteously, according to company procedures
- Performance of shift work
- Other duties as assigned by Mini-Mart Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Capable of interfacing with operational managers and staff, outside vendors, and service providers.
- This position is for a specified period of time, generally no more than six (6) months. Classification not eligible for benefits. Tenure may be extended beyond six (6) months in accordance with the needs of the business, generally for seasonal obligations.
- Wages: $14 per hour