Medical Registration Clerk
O2 Employment Services is partnering with a local medical center to find their next Medical Clerk. This person will be responsible for medical appointments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and directs patients, and visitors.
- Verifies all patient exams and information is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system.
- Takes payments for MDI exams that have payment requirements before services are rendered.
- Price quote for patients as requested at time of service.
- Preps – Passes out of patients at booths.
- Verifies insurance’s and that appropriate authorizations are in place at time of registration.
- Process address changes, correct in computer, and sent to CPR.
- Gathers missing billing information and input to computer system.
- Register to request signatures on appropriate forms that apply to the patients account and/or examination. Ability to explain to patient’s what they are signing and why.
- Keep working area clean and orderly to reflect professionalism.
- Offer and/or assist patient in physical needs with the lift for exams on the lower level of the facility.
- All time sensitive paperwork is to be completed in a timely manner.
- Complete other/additional duties as requested by the lead coordinator, Facility Manager as required in best interest of the company.
- Verifies patient’s record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient’s chart.
- Generates personalized service form for registered patients in order to document services provided and procedures performed at visit.
- Assists with other medical office needs, including scheduling, telephone inquiries, and cashier.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- $15-$17 per hour
Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Treats people with respect; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Follows policies and procedures.
Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Asks for and offers help when needed.
Generates suggestions for improving work.
Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard excellence.
Uses time efficiently.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; works quickly.
Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
No skills needed.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software.
Other Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.