Lathe and welding Experience required
Machine Operator Summary
O2 Employment Services is currently seeking an experienced Machine Operator to fill an opening with a heavy industrial company located in Redding, CA. The ideal candidates should be reliable, team player, always willing to work when needed.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator
· Measures pipe to fabricate pipe proper length
· Places pipe in machine, center the pipe and tighten for work. After the pipe is in place, the operator will machine a taper into the pipe, and then machine the threads into the pipe. During this process, the machine operator is responsible for verifying measurements, and thread depth using a micrometer
· After the threads are cut the operator tests the flange to make sure it screws onto the pipe properly. Adjustments are made to the threads if an issue occurs.
· Applies glue on pipe and flange and use the machine to tighten the flange onto the pipe.
· Mastery of more than one machine, capable of training others on machine operations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits of the Machine Operator
· $17+/hour, with a review after the probationary period
· Evening Shift, 4 10-hour shifts per week or 5 8-hour shifts
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available after probationary period
· 401k, up to a 4% match available after probationary period
· 2-weeks paid vacation available after probationary period
· 8 paid federal holidays
· 401k or long term incentives
· Company perks
Requirements of the Machine Operator
· Welding experience and lathe experience
· Ability to understand fractions
· Ability to understand machinery processes
· High School Diploma desired
· Consistent attendance, ability to get to work on time, every day
· Team player, willingness to work when needed, help out and volunteer for extras positive, enthusiastic and helpful