PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Program Coordinator II – Victim Services Coordinator is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and implementation of program policies, services, procedures, recruitment, training, and oversight of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking victim advocacy programs including the Crisis Line.
- Associates degree in social work/psychology required, or two years of experience in criminal and civil justice arena or related field may be substituted.
- Experience in the recruitment, supervision, training, and retention of program staff and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of victim issues, including, but not limited to, family dynamics, domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and child abuse. Agency will provide training.
- Working knowledge of current issues pertinent to legislation and regulations regarding victim issues and services, including but not limited to domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, legal services, and child abuse and neglect.
- Experience in service program budgeting on a collaborative team.
- Must possess strong oral, writing, and listening skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs including proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experienced public speaker, skilled in facilitating trainings and community presentations.
- Experience in community outreach.
- Experience with direct service provision and peer counseling.
- Domestic Violence Victim Advocate and Sexual Assault Victim Advocate Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire. Agency training provided.
- Must possess or obtain a valid California driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to obtain California Criminal and Child Abuse Index clearance.
- Work as a team player for whom the ownership of ideas is less important than the result of the collaborative effort. As such, the individual will be a team player who can take both leader and follower roles as the situation requires.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (emergency calls- must be flexible for after hours and weekends)
1. Work closely and cooperatively with the Program Director to accomplish organizational goals.
2. Implement policies and procedures of HRN through administration of daily program activities
3. Responsible for supervision of client case management, direct services staff, and advocacy-based services.
4. Assist Program Director in preparation of grant applications, reports, and awareness-raising activities.
5. Provide or arrange for volunteer support for the 24-hour Crisis Line.
6. Perform all duties necessary to recruit and maintain a volunteer staff.
7. Provide or arrange for in-service trainings for the Crisis Line volunteers as required.
8. Attend local, regional, and statewide coalition activities and trainings as assigned.
9. Contribute to the development and implementation of programs of public education and awareness.
10. Assist with the supervision of program operations.
11. Assist with recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of program staff and volunteers.
12. Remain current with developments and trends pertinent to program areas.
13. Maintain timely records sufficient to document activities and prepare progress reports.
14. Provide direct client services when needed and maintain up-to-date case records.
15. Operate the 24-hour Crisis Line during periods of insufficient volunteer staffing, as assigned.
16. Other duties as assigned for agency growth and development.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.