A local Accounting Firm is looking for qualified candidates to interview for their Tax Preparer position. This is a full-time seasonal position from February to April. May become a long-term position if candidate can do bookkeeping and/or payroll in the off season.
Tax Preparer Qualifications
- Enrolled Agent, CPA or retired CPA or have their CTEC certification, be familiar with Lacerte or other higher-level tax software preferred
- Completed tax preparation course
- Consistency and accuracy in data entry
- Basic Excel and Outlook Skills
- Works well in small team environment
Tax Preparer Benefits
$16-$20 per hour
Tax Preparer Responsibilities
- Consults with clients to develop a basic understanding of their financial affairs and the scope of their tax liabilities.
- Reviews previous tax returns and financial documents to identify missing or incomplete information or documentation.
- Reviews all supplied financial information for accuracy.
- Uses the appropriate accounting software or system to prepare tax returns.
- Calculates taxes owed or refunds due to client; consults tax law publications for guidance on unusual situations.
- Submits tax returns to an accountant for review.
- Presents approved returns to clients.
- Files tax returns for clients.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of changes in tax law by reading professional literature or attending tax seminars and training courses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.