O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local accounting firm to find their next Tax Preparer. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail-oriented, and task-driven. This is a full-time, long-term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for Tax Preparer
- 3 years experience in tax preparation is strongly preferred
- Strong accounting knowledge
- QuickBooks proficiency
- High attention to detail
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Able to follow procedures
- Able to work independently and learn quickly
- Strong motivation and work ethic
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS for Tax Preparer
· $20+/hr depending on experience
· Life Insurance
· Retirement plan
Monday through Friday, day shift
RESPONSIBILITIES for Tax Preparer
- Consults with clients to develop a basic understanding of their financial affairs and the scope of their tax liabilities.
- Reviews previous tax returns and financial documents to identify missing or incomplete information or documentation.
- Reviews all supplied financial information for accuracy.
- Uses the appropriate accounting software or system to prepare tax returns.
- Calculates taxes owed or refunds due to client; consults tax law publications for guidance on unusual situations.
- Submits tax returns to an accountant for review.
- Presents approved returns to clients.
- Files tax returns for clients.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of changes in tax law by reading professional literature or attending tax seminars and training courses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.