O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local company to find their next accounting assistant. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for Accounting Assistant
• Degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A strong sense of ethics and integrity
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion
• Adept at managing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced setting
• Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills (MS Office/Excel)
• Excellent memory, communication skills, and organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
• Ability to work within a team
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS for Accounting Assistant
· $16 – $22 depending on experience
· Life Insurance
· Retirement plan
Monday through Friday, day shift
RESPONSIBILITIES for Accounting Assistant
• Performs Accounting duties in a meticulous and thorough manner.
• Develops and maintains process documentation for various accounting
• Accounts payable
• Responsible for overseeing the receivables collections process
• Back up for bank reconciliations and maintains the rolling cash flow projection
• Oversees the payroll function and other reports to government agencies.
• Assists in month-end general ledger closing and makes related journal entries.
• Assists in reviewing and analyzing monthly financial statements