Local non-profit that specializes in the youth in our community and substance abuse and prevention is currently seeking candidates to interview for a project assistant and peer mentoring assistant. Duties and responsibilities include assisting with the planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the youth prevention project. The program is designed to build partnerships for positive and healthy youth development and engaging youth as active leaders and resources in their communities. This is a full time, long term position with a great local company.
Requirements of the Project Assistant
- Must have initiative and an outgoing personality.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and professional work standards within a fast-paced organization.
- Prioritize and organize workloads to meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Work flexible hours as operations/needs dictate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers including word processing and data base programs.
$30-35k a year
Responsibilities of the Project Assistant
- Responsible for communicating with schools and advisors
- Recruit, train and motivate adult advisors and youth participants
- Assists with creating and facilitating participant and coalition trainings
- Works with staff and volunteers to create screening processes and materials
- Assists advisors with meeting and session agendas
- Creates recognition and retention plan
- Completes program process and outcome data and assists with the development of reports and evaluations
- Attends all required regional, statewide, and federal trainings, workshops, and retreats as indicated.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.