Substitute Preschool Teacher:
The Site Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to develop program curriculum and implement program activities as well as supervise staff and ensure the safety of the children participating in the program.
Substitute Preschool Teacher Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possess or obtain within 60 days of hire a Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- At least two years of teaching experience in a licensed childcare center or comparable setting is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with school age or preschool children.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with children and parent or guardians of differing socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of computer programs: including proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to obtain California Criminal and Child Abuse Index Clearance.
- Possess or obtain within 60 days of hire a valid California driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Able to complete within 30 days of hire 15 hours of mandated health and safety training, pediatric CPR and first aid.
- Work as a team player for whom the ownership of ideas is less important than the result of the collaborative effort. As such, the individual will be a team player who can take both leader and follower roles as the situation requires.
5-6 hours a day
$23.21 an hour
Substitute Preschool Teacher Responsibilities:
- Supervise children ensuring a safe and nurturing environment.
- Facilitate daily activities with assistance from the Associate Teacher and Assistant Teacher.
- Assist with recruitment, supervision training, and evaluation of program staff and volunteers.
- Develop curriculum and activities consistent with sound early childhood education practices in collaboration with the Program Director.
- Schedule and conduct parent meetings and enrollments.
- Schedule and conduct regular team meetings.
- Ensure that the required attendance records and other paperwork is current and complete for each child.
- Interact with Community Care Licensing during site visits.
- Interact with Trinity County Office of Education employees during site visits and meetings.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the Program Director to accomplish organizational goals.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with partner agencies in the community.
- Adhere to the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned for agency growth and development.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.