A local law firm is seeking a PARALEGAL to join its team. The Paralegal will provide law firm offering full-service legal representation for individuals, corporations, non-profits and private enterprises throughout California. This is a full time, long term opportunity.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Monday-Friday, daytime, 40 hours/week
DUTIES for PARALEGAL
- Completing legal intake with clients
- Assist with safety planning if needed
- Provide limited legal services on the matters stated above, including preparing protection orders, documents related to child custody, paternity and divorce, process and assemble documents for filing with the court
- Referring clients to Attorney/Legal Resources as needed for legal services that the Paralegal cannot provide.
- Data entry.
QUALIFICATIONS for PARALEGAL
The ability to:
- Exhibit technical and professional expertise and decorum
- Solve problems and analyze difficult or challenging issues
- Take initiative to evaluate and streamline processes
- Communicate effectively in both specific and broad terms
- Develop and maintain good relationships
- Collaborate, foster and encourage teamwork.
- Communication Proficiency
- Strong Organization Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Technical capacity
- Collaboration Skills
- Strong Multi-tasking Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management/Composure
Trained Skills Needed:
- 2 years’ experience in Family Law
- Basic legal concepts, terminology, principles, rules, and procedures
- Document preparation techniques
- Standard office procedures and equipment
- Filing techniques and procedures
- Ability to conduct basic legal research, including the location of statutes and computerized legal research utilization
- Basic understanding of family law, civil law, criminal law, and rules of civil and criminal procedure
- Strong verbal, writing, and organizational skills including the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and other computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize staff requests, and set expectations
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Ability to communicate in crisis situations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-sufficient and resourceful
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills.
MUST POSSESS the following:
- A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.