O2 Employment Services is partnering with a locally owned and well-established Construction Company to find EXPERIENCED PAINTERS to join their dynamic team in Redding, CA. This is a long-term full-time position.
EXPERIENCED PAINTER Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Give great customer service
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures: Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding painting.
- Smooths surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using a caulking gun and putty knife.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning, and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switch covers, from walls prior to painting, using a screwdriver.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings and cover surfaces, such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun or paint rollers.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- May wash surfaces prior to painting with a mildew remover, using a brush.
EXPERIENCED PAINTER Qualifications
- Customer Service Oriented
- 4 Years painting experience Highly Preferred
- Ability to learn new techniques quickly
- Must be able to multitask and still be detail-oriented
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to pass a background
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a valid Driver License
EXPERIENCED PAINTER Compensation/Benefits
- Starting at $25/hour — Pay is dependent on experience
- Full-benefit package: including medical, dental, vision, and term life insurance
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.