O2 Employment Services is partnering with a locally owned and well-established Construction Company to find EXPERIENCED PAINTERS to join their dynamic team in in Redding, CA. This is a long term full-time position.
EXPERIENCED PAINTER Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Give great customer service
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures: Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding painting.
- Smooths surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switch covers, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces, such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- May wash surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover, using brush.
EXPERIENCED PAINTER Qualifications
- Customer Service Oriented
- 4 Years painting experience Highly Preferred
- Ability to learn new techniques quickly
- Must be able to multitask and still be detail-oriented
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to pass a background
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a valid Driver License
EXPERIENCED PAINTER Compensation/Benefits
- Starting at $25/hour — Pay is dependent on experience
- Full-benefit package: including medical, dental, vision and term life insurance