We are looking for a skilled professional to manage the office of a local electrician. Our ideal candidate will be great at communications, a team player, personable and organized. This person will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support while assisting in whatever capacity is needed to keep operations flowing and on track. This position will often encounter working with computers, project diaries, change orders, blueprints, budgeting, bids and workplace safety information.
· Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
· Discuss account status or activity with customers or patrons.
· Refer customers to appropriate personnel.
· Execute sales or other financial transactions.
· Enter information into databases or software programs.
· Collect deposits, payments or fees.
· Report maintenance or equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
· Record personnel information.
· Schedule appointments.
· Distribute materials to employees or customers.
· Issue documentation or identification to customers or employees.
· Record information from meetings or other formal proceedings.
· Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
· Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
· Develop organizational policies or programs.
· Proofread documents, records, or other files to ensure accuracy.
· Supervise clerical or administrative personnel.
· Manage clerical or administrative activities.
· The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
· The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
· The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted. Preferred Education & Experience
· Three to five years of experience in the construction industry is strongly recommended.
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred. Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment: Typical work environment will be in an office setting, however the job may take them to field sites and at times the job may be performed out of an office trailer. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, however when bids are being prepared or job deadlines are near, this position may be called upon to work extra hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Salary: $18 to $23 DOE