A local medical office is looking for its next Medical Scheduler. The ideal candidate will be dependable and professional, and very punctual.
$15- $20/hr depends on experience!
Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
- Appropriately handles telephone calls with patients and/or, referring physician offices. Schedules appointments and accurately enter pertinent information, appointment, date, and time into a computerized scheduler.
- Informs Coordinator, Radiology Administer, or appropriate personnel when supplies are low for reordering purposes.
- Answers questions about our organization and provides callers with addresses, directions, and other information.
- Consistently follows facility collection policies by informing patients of their financial obligations were applicable.
- Takes and delivers messages and transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate.
- Accurately schedules, reschedule, and cancels appointments utilizing the correct room and time needed.
- Calls patients to schedule when offices fax orders. If the patient does not call to schedule, notify the office by fax with the dates the patients were called.
- Verifies preps for exam and any special needs the patient may have over the phone.
- Communicates to the technologist and front desk on reschedules, cancellation of patients for the day.
- Sends faxes, retrieves, and routes incoming faxes.
- Reports all equipment problems and/or breakdowns in Scheduling to their Coordinator, or the Facility Administrator.
- Notify and/or assist the Authorizations Department with acquiring at the time of scheduling the correct insurance and/or authorization information pertinent to the appointment/exam being scheduled.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Word Processing software. Adequate typing skills.
- Maintains confidentiality: Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch; or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.