Medical Office Clerk Summary
A local Acute Care Hospital is looking for qualified candidates to interview for their Medical Office Clerk position. The ideal candidate would be someone who is patient, an active listener, has strong multi-tasking skills, and medical experience.
Medical Office Clerk Qualifications
- Must have experience verifying/authorizing/billing commercial and government patient insurance in a health care setting, preferable an acute care hospital.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have course work in insurance billing, medical terminology and related subjects
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks with strong organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
- Quick learner
- Strong typing skills.
Medical Office Clerk Benefits
$18.00-$22.00 per hour
Medical Office Clerk Responsibilities
- Verifies patient insurance information
- Calculates patient payments
- Completes patient estimate letters
- Updates patient profiles
- Responds to calls from insurers, physicians’ offices and/or patients
- Analyzes and keys charges
- Assists with insurance billing
Medical Office Clerk Hours
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.