Medical Billing Specialist Summary
One of the leading home health care agencies is looking for a full time Medical Billing Specialist. This person will be responsible to ensure insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients are billed properly and paid in a timely manner. Billing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the billing department to maximize the collections from insurance companies and patients for service provided by the office. Tasks include but are not limited to filing claims, posting collection and follow-up calls, submitted appeals and claim resubmissions.
Medical Billing Specialist Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid California State Driver’s License
- Billing Experience with a minimum of two years recent experience in medical practice
Medical Billing Specialist Wages:
- $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Medical Billing Specialist Hours:
- Full Time Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Medical Billing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Input all patient information into computer system
- Perform administrative functions
- Responsible for billing insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients; post payments
- Bill secondary insurance
- Responsible for all returned mail; contact patients and or doctors for correct information
- Review final collection and patient accounts
- Record payment and deposit at bank
- Process requests for medical records
- Represent the company with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Adhere to company polices and support management decisions and goals in a positive professional manner
- Report equipment failure to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing in person and over the phone.
- Basic word processing and computer database skills
- Good interpersonal skill with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time management organizational problem solving skills
- Strong analytical ability with active listening
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail while performing multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.