A local OBGYN is looking for a part time Medical Biller. This person will be responsible to ensure insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients are billed properly and paid in a timely manner. Billing Assistant will be responsible for supporting the billing department to maximize the collections from insurance companies and patients for service provided by the office. Tasks include but are not limited to filing claims, posting collection and follow-up calls, submitted appeals and claim re submissions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid California State Driver’s License
- Experience with EHR, Athena is a PLUS
- Billing Experience (preferred OBGYN) with a minimum of two years recent experience in medical practice
- $16-$20 per hour
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Manage claim denials
- complete missing slips
- submit claims
- communicate with insurance payers and patients
- Input all patient information into computer system
- Perform administrative functions
- Responsible for billing insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients; post payments
- Bill secondary insurance
- Responsible for all returned mail; contact patients and or doctors for correct information
- Review final collection and patient accounts
- Record payment and deposit at bank
- Process requests for medical records
- Represent the company with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Adhere to company polices and support management decisions and goals in a positive professional manner
- Report equipment failure to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing in person and over the phone.
- Basic word processing and computer database skills
- Good interpersonal skill with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time management organizational problem solving skills
- Strong analytical ability with active listening
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail while performing multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality
Physical Activities required to perform Essential Functions
Sitting/Mobility: Approximately 75% of time is spent at a desk. 25% is spent moving around work areas.
Communications: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, clients, patients and outside agencies, by phone and in person.
Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport twenty-five points of files and supplies.
Stooping/kneeling: Ability to access files and stock supplies.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.