Ensure insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients are billed properly and paid in a timely manner.
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Input all patient information into computer system
- Perform administrative functions
- Responsible for billing insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients; post payments
- Bill secondary insurance
- Responsible for all returned mail; contact patients and or doctors for correct information
- Review final collection and patient accounts
- Record payment and deposit at bank
- Process requests for medical records
- Represent the company with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Adhere to company polices and support management decisions and goals in a positive professional manner
- Report equipment failure to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing in person and over the phone.
- Basic word processing and computer database skills
- Good interpersonal skill with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time management organizational problem solving skills
- Strong analytical ability with active listening
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail while performing multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality
Physical Activities required to perform Essential Functions
Sitting/Mobility: Approximately 75% of time is spent at a desk. 25% is spent moving around work areas.
Communications: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, clients, patients and outside agencies, by phone and in person.
Vision: Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos and other appropriate paperwork.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport twenty-five points of files and supplies.
Stooping/kneeling: Ability to access files and stock supplies.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED
Must possess a valid California State Driver’s License
$16-$20 per hour