A medical group practice that is committed to providing quality primary and preventive care, behavioral health care, and community outreach services to the residents and visitors of the greater Shingletown area is currently looking for a Medical Assistant. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment maintaining patient confidentiality and professionalism in a team-oriented environment. The candidate must be flexible in order to work both independently and as a team player. Must maintain confidentiality relating to SMC personnel, patients and organization information. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Shingletown, CA.
Requirements of the Medical Assistant:
- Completion of an accredited medical assisting program with both clinical and administrative components.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant (required within 6 months of employment) is preferred.
- Ability to think and act quickly.
- Must be a team player.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Minimum one year of experience as a Medical Assistant is preferred.
- Experience in a community or rural health center preferred.
Benefits of the Medical Assistant:
$16.50-$18.00 an hour, depending on experience
Full time, Monday-Friday
Medical, dental and vision care insurance for all full-time employees plus paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time, paid bereavement and jury duty leave.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant:
- Provides support services to the providers in order to facilitate patient diagnosis, care, management and treatment.
- Assures privacy and confidentiality for each patient, as required under HIPAA.
- Facilitates patient movement, keeping provider on schedule.
- Good communication skills are required to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external personnel in accomplishing daily duties.
- Provides quality care and treats patients and others with respect, courtesy and compassion.
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.