Local Microscopy Company is seeking an Associate Customer Service Representative to join their dynamic sales team. This person will respond to all customer requests accurately and promptly, and will assist customers with product pricing, availability, delivery and shipping costs, and order status updates. Responsible for processing orders, preparing order acknowledgement forms, packing slips and shipping documentation, and following up with customers as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS for CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
- High school diploma required; college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience is required. Call center and order processing experience preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills. Ability to work well with people. Ability to interface successfully with customers, vendors, co-workers and management. Must be able to collaborate and interact successfully with customers, managers and co-workers.
- Excellent computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet. Experience with business software programs preferred. Must type at least 45 wpm and 10-key by touch.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required. Good problem solving skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly.
- Must have good math, reading, writing and spelling skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language, verbally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Must be results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE
Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift will be between 6:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and may vary based on business needs.
DUTIES for CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
- Process customer orders via the web, email, fax, and by telephone.
- Enter orders accurately and promptly into the software system.
- Prepare an order acknowledgement form and packing slip regarding product, prices, availability, and shipping cost. Consult with the Sales/Product Specialist if prepayment has been received.
- Provide clear concise information to customers regarding their technical questions which must be supported by our technical staff; and handle other issues requiring resolution to meet their needs as directed by management.
- Answer all requests for orders, technical questions and customer issues originating from telephone, fax, mail and email in a cheerful, upbeat, timely, efficient and accurate manner. If necessary consult with management, manufacturing, or other experts within the company.
- Coordinate with the shipping department to determine shipping courier and accurately calculate shipping costs for all orders to appropriate destinations.
- Interact with customers on a regular basis by phone, and occasionally by email to manage the quality and order fulfillment process.
- Prepare and accurately complete order acknowledgement form and packing slip inclusive of the following items: Bill To, Ship To, specific person, fax number, email address, order number, date, terms, shipment delivery time period, validity of quotation, product number, quantity, description, price, total US dollars, additional handling fees hazardous materials fees, (if applicable), insurance, and total cost.
- Insure order acknowledgement form is submitted to the distribution center for processing.
- Prepare order packet containing the following items: Order acknowledgement form, packing slip, pre-authorization credit card code, and shipping cost for each order. Have order packet ready for the accounting department to review and invoice.
- Prepare and complete acknowledgment letter to customer indicating receipt of order, shipment date of items on hand, items on backorder, confirm or correct pricing, and send via mail or by hard copy if required.· Personal follow-up to expedite ordered items with purchasing.
- Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Be upbeat and positive. Personally ensure customer enjoys working with our company.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.