THE CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Customer Service attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services. Process orders, prepare correspondences and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER
- Strong listening, oral and written communications skills.
- Initiative and Self Reliance: make decisions on a timely basis and take necessary actions without direction from others.
- Goal oriented: highly motivated and resourceful to achieve results.
- Ability to learn and apply product and customer knowledge to professionally service, and assist in the marketing of State Farm products.
- Problem solving ability: apply and balance conceptual and analytical thinking by breaking down complex problems, evaluating alternative sources of action and their likely outcomes, and selecting the best alternative.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to create and maintain business relationships with prospects and policyholders.
- Proven track record of trustworthiness, dependability and ethical behavior.
- Ability to organize and act on several activities concurrently.
JOB RELATED TRAINING COURSES, LICENSING AND PROGRAMS:
Successfully complete all company, state and federal requirements (licenses) to market and service designated products and continue to be licensed in good standing is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with agent on the training of newly hired agency team members. Provide training under the direction of agent.
- Provide prompt, accurate, friendly, cost-effective service by responding to inquiries from existing policyholders and the general public regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverage’s, policy changes, transfers, claim submission procedures and status, rates, billing clarification, payment plans and procedures, and make referrals for marketing opportunities as appropriate.
- Prepare forms, policies and endorsements when required.
- Provide service to the public and policyholders in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Contact prospects and current policyholders for sales appointments.
- Meet customer service goals and assist with marketing goals as directed by the agent.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the agent.
- $14-$17 Per hour