Local scientific equipment manufacturing company is seeking their next CNC Programmer/Mastercam Machinist. This person will produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) and manual machines, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies. This is a full-time, long-term position.
CNC Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write CNC programs in Mastercam to produce accurate and high-quality parts.
- Create, load, edit and store CNC programs.
- Perform basic and complex set ups of machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches.
- Produce machined components and products on both CNC and manual machine shop equipment, lathes and mills.
- Reduce production failures and improve yields.
- Maintain time standards, production schedule and quality.
- Perform milling, turning, drilling, tapping, sawing and sanding tasks.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Assemble, repair, and fabricate metal parts.
- Perform final operations including de-burring, cleaning and inspecting parts.
- Other duties as needed.
CNC Programmer Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a machine tool occupation, including CNC machines, mills, lathes, saws, and various machine shop tools.
- Must be proficient in Mastercam to program parts.
- Experience in writing CNC and lathe programs to machine parts.
- Understand and be able to read G codes, M codes and make basic edits.
- Ability to read blue prints and use precise measuring tools.
- Ability to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Understand and apply basic machining principles and make adjustments as necessary.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, be able to get along with others easily.
- Must have strong reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and math skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, ability to learn new things quickly.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on a team. Must have positive attitude at all times. Must have good problem solving skills and good judgment.
- Must have good organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and ability to prioritize.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and high level of accuracy in work product.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, sit, reach, stoop, crouch, climb, balance, feel, and communicate. This position will be regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Must be able to frequently lift, pull, push objects that weight up to 50 pounds.
CNC Programmer Hours:
Monday through Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm, hours are subject to change.
CNC Programmer Pay and Benefits:
Hourly pay rate will be commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous medical, dental and life insurance plan, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays