Local building material provider is currently seeking a full-time, long-term top-notch Sales Associate to fill an opening with a local provider to contractors and consumers. This store located in the Redding, CA area. The ideal candidates should be able familiar with hardware supplies and a friendly team player looking to offer excellent customer service.
Requirements of the Retail Associate
- Knowledge of construction products and materials is a must
- Ability to add and multiple (MUST be willing to do a basic addition and multiplication test)
- Knowledge of building codes and appropriate materials highly suggested
- Exceptional communication skills
Benefits of the Retail Associate
- $15.00-16.00/hour starting with opportunity for growth
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Term-Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Responsibilities of the Retail Associate
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Generate sales (ask what they are working on and find out if there are items that they may need)
- Inventory knowledge- Important to stay educated on materials available and new products coming in
- Suggest comparable items (if we don’t have what they are looking for, we may have a suitable substitute)
- Coordinate deliveries of materials to the customer
- Handle customer complaints promptly and courteously
- Follow through with your promises made to the customer
- Price merchandise, bins or displays and re-stock shelves
- Keep store and warehouse area clean and orderly
- Make recommendations to management regarding lines to be added or dropped.
- Build displays for sales, promotions or events
- Report price discrepancies to the General Manager
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position.