PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT SUMMARY
Local youth oriented organization is currently seeking candidates to interview for a PART TIME administrative assistant. This position will be 20 hours a week with opportunity to go full time in the Fall.
PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS
- Typically, an individual in this class has a minimum of a High School Diploma plus three years of clerical experience in a related office environment. An Associate’s Degree is preferred. College or business school training may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
- The employee will be expected to use her/his own vehicle for travel within Shasta County.
- Proof of current automobile insurance coverage
- Willingness to be fingerprinted
- The employee may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of English grammar and usage, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including office protocol and various filing procedures.
- Knowledge of standard business formats for correspondence, narrative reports and related materials.
- Knowledge of basic customer service standards and principles.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn Laserfiche or other web-based document management and storage system.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn marketing techniques including use of social media
- Ability to exercise sound judgment on a variety of matters guided by general instructions.
- Ability to perform complex clerical work and accurately type a wide variety of correspondence, forms, reports and minutes at a speed of not less than 45 words/minute.
- Ability to perform complex tasks using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
- Ability to enter and maintain fiscal information such as invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports.
- Ability to locate and retrieve information from a variety of sources and to compile the information following general directions.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and to use a ten-key calculator with accuracy.
- Ability to deal with other employees and the public with tact and courtesy.
- Ability to take responsibility for daily tasks and special projects and to prioritize workload to address needs of multiple staff.
PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT COMPENSATION
- $19.51-27.45 per hour depending on experience
- Competitive benefit package with retirement
PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT DUTIES
- Exercises sound judgment, tact and courtesy in screening visitors and telephone calls; provides information or answers to inquiries or refers callers to appropriate source on own initiative.
- Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, email, and file management. Creates or maintains files in Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations and uses proprietary databases and Microsoft SharePoint to store and retrieve information.
- Operates a variety of contemporary office equipment, including a copier, scanner, projector, and multi-line phone system.
- Establishes, retrieves, and maintains numerous types of files and manual and electronic record systems requiring a knowledge of a variety of indexing methods.
- Receive and process official documents and mail addressed to the office.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, notices, and financial records.
- Creates, revises and/or cancels travel arrangements;
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties necessary for efficient office operation.
- Provides support for First 5 Shasta programs, including receiving, preparing and processing book orders, processing and labeling shipments as received, managing inventory using appropriate software/systems, program participant correspondence, and related tasks as needed.
- Assists in the organizing of and support for promotional events
- Responsible for maintenance of common spaces for appearance and functionality.
- Prepares meeting agenda from instructions and other submitted material; provides agendas and related information to staff and the public; prepares meeting minutes.
- Sets up meeting schedule and space, including necessary audiovisual equipment, materials, and food and beverages as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Coordinates facilities and logistics for outside events; provides on-site event support as needed
- Manages all office equipment and outside vendors; keeps stock of office supplies and orders new supplies when needed.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations. May serve as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
- Maintains appointment schedules, revising as necessary to accommodate changing priorities; contacts others to arrange appointments or conferences; assembles correspondence, files and other materials in preparation for meetings.
- Receive and direct telephone calls and email messages and relay conversation and pertinent messages to others while maintaining accuracy, clarity and confidentiality.
- Composes correspondence, independently or with minimal direction, from rough draft, marginal notes, or verbal instructions.
- Assist with Commission, committee and collaborative communications