- Essential Functions:
- Prepares and sends out all confirmation orders and deposit requests for sales’ areas.
- Documents all deposits received.
- Prepares and sends out all invoice billings.
- Prepares, prints and mails outstanding account statements monthly.
- Prepares monthly accounts receivable aging report
- May call customers regarding past due accounts.
- Submits delinquent accounts to collection and works with collection agents.
- Balances bank statements to company general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Assists the payroll clerk updating employee information in the computer as necessary.
- Assists payroll/AP clerk as necessary.
- Prepares spreadsheets for high and low elevation that include information regarding number of plants sold at each location, varieties, and amounts billed per area.
- Answers phone and directs phone calls to appropriate staff members; takes messages as required
- Maintains customer files; keeps files current and up-to-date.
1. May do company banking.
2. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skill Required:
1. One year experience as receptionist.
2. Three years general accounting clerical experience or college graduate with a degree in a related field preferred.
3. Knowledge of basic accounting theory and methods.
4. Ability to use office equipment such as computer terminal, calculator, copier, multi-extension telephone, and fax machine.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
6. Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
7. Fluency in Spanish language a plus.
Compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities of company, performing a wide variety of clerical duties and utilizing knowledge of accounting systems and procedures.