A local nonprofit organization is looking for an accounting assistant. This person will be responsible for performing various accounting duties including A/R, A/P, client communications, data entry, and other accounting and administrative tasks as a member of the accounting team. This is a full-time, long term position which reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Process inspector invoices, including reviewing for accuracy.
- Create and mail invoices.
- Record client payments.
- Set up payment plans for clients.
- Speak and correspond with clients to answer questions and follow up on past due accounts via email and phone.
- Enter and pay bills.
- Correspond with vendors as needed.
- Maintain A/P files.
Skills, and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least one year of experience performing A/R or other accounting tasks in an office environment
- Proven ability to complete tasks with efficiency while maintaining high accuracy
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing
- Outstanding skills to prioritize, monitor and track activities
- Excellent computer/technical skills (MS Office Suite required, QuickBooks a plus)
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- Type 30 WPM
- Ability to stand or sit for several consecutive hours working at a computer
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. from ground to waist
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Accounts receivable: 1 year (Required)
- Accounts payable: 1 year (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Spanish language skills, sufficient to communicate verbally and in writing with Spanish- speaking clients
- Knowledge and understanding of organic food and agriculture a plus