O2 Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Web Designer to fill an opening with a full-service digital agency located in Redding, CA. The ideal candidates will have Knowledge of SEO and best practices to improve site speed and performance, as well as involved in key projects from start to finish and will work closely with staff and clients turning ideas into beautifully designed websites with the opportunity to add insight and make an impact on our process.
This opening is for a local, in-house position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing.
Requirements of the Web Designer
· Experience with modern CMS platforms such as WordPress and Shopify
· Solid HTML5 and CSS3 experience
· A firm understanding of SEO
· Knowledge of ADA compliance standards a plus
· Strong cross-browser testing skills
· Familiarity with design files and applications as it relates to development
· Basic design skills and excellent samples to show your capabilities in this area
· A firm understanding of user experience/interaction design
· Strong understanding of developing for dynamic content and content management systems
· Organized with good coding practices
· Knowledge on best practices to improve website performance
· Ability to maintain and update multiple websites in a session
· Stay up-to-date on website systems and technology
· Good communication skills and people skills
· Links to samples of your work, including website addresses, and your exact contribution and role in them.
· At least 3 references
Bonus Experience of the Web Designer
· Experience working with a team in a design studio or design department of a company.
· E-Commerce knowledge and experience
· Implementing API’s
· Experience in Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Business
· Experience with computers and can offer technical support to clients
· Experience in setting up email settings on all types of devices
· Experience in growing and maintaining social media accounts
Benefits of the Web Designer
· $20-30/hour – depending on experience
· The rare opportunity to work at a fast paced, top notch firm right here in the Redding area.
· Walking distance to food, shopping, etc.
· Competitive Bonuses
· Paid Vacations and Holidays
· A family-first work place
· Generous flexibility
· Work-from-Wherever-Wednesdays (Your couch in your PJ’s? By the pool? We got you.)