O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local warehouse to find their next Transportation Clerk. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Additional summary: Performs administrative duties in support of activities related to the shipping of finished goods. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Handles routine questions and problems and maintains open communication with other departments throughout the shipping/delivery cycle.
REQUIREMENTS for Transportation Clerk
- 1 – 2 years of related experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal amount of supervision.
- Experience and skill with PC based word processing systems and some experience with routing software/fleet management.
- Demonstrates good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
COMPENSATION for Transportation Clerk
Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
RESPONSIBILITIES for Transportation Clerk
- Communicates in person and over the telephone with Supply Chain Analysts, Routers, Drivers, Customer Service and Brokers, as
- Assists team members in finding and securing revenue generating loads and
- Performs administrative duties which may include but are not limited to:
- Creating and preparing required operational reports on a weekly and monthly
- Performing queries and report requests as
- Printing, sorting, and collating operational, transportation documents.
- Sets up and maintains filing system for confidential records, correspondence files, and
- May be required to conduct research into issues pertaining to fleet functions as
- Supports the day-to-day activities for assigned fleet delivery driver teams which includes performing the following:
- Coordinates the delivery and pick-up of dialysis products from home patients and clinics according to established safety procedures and
- Takes note of and reports any customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to senior staff for
- Performs all duties and functions to achieve OHSA related targets for recordable incidents and lost time
- Provides proof of delivery when required and verify customer signatures on deliveries and revenue generating
- Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management as
- Maintains files for all driver logs and daily vehicle reports. Identify problems and report
- Participates in assigned monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, DOT, and
- Remains up-to-date with all annually revised regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and state specific agencies).
- Completes all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate
- Attends meetings and communicating pertinent information to assigned drivers and
- Interacts with Operations management, Customer Service, customers, and employees
- May act as back-up routing position when needed to cover for vacations and
- Remains current on routing software and DC route
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and
- Assists with various projects.