O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local organization to find their next Transitional Housing Case Manager. This is a full time, grant funded opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Additional Information: Under the close supervision and direction of the Client Services Director and in collaboration with the Lead Transitional Housing Case Manager, the Transitional Housing Case Manager provides oversight and support to the Transitional Housing program. This includes reviewing candidates for the program, assisting clients with applications, and providing referrals to housing resources within the community. Responsibilities include advocating for victim’s rights, program development, implementation and follow through, working with community partners in providing these services. Benefits as described in the organization’s Employee Manual. Some evenings and weekend hours required.
REQUIREMENTS for Transitional Housing Case Manager
- Must be an independent, self-starter, requiring minimal to no direction for day-to-day activities.
- Knowledge of Governmental and/or Non-profit agencies including fiscal challenges and management issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong budget development and implementation skills.
- Able to lead a Team of Employees, Partners, and Volunteers with a variety of skill sets.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and the ability to build a trusting, respectful and consistent work environment.
- Must have Office software skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Access to reliable transportation as well as a valid California driver’s license and Certificate of Insurance.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, reach, twist, handle, and finger, feel. Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Free from any personal involvement with domestic violence and sexual assault for one year.
- Ability to pass a background investigation, including willingness to be fingerprinted and undergo pre-employment drug testing.
- Satisfactory completion of a 66-hour domestic violence and sexual assault crisis intervention training (post-hiring requirement) and ongoing completion of continuing education hours to maintain state certification as a domestic violence and sexual assault advocate/counselor.
- Capacity to balance and provide self-care while meeting the demands of a crisis center.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS for Transitional Housing Case Manager
Monday – Friday
RESPONSIBILITIES for Transitional Housing Case Manager
- Provide Case Management – meeting with clients as necessary and responding to reasonable needs in housing project.
- Implements Transitional Housing program in compliance with grant requirements.
- Review all Transitional Housing applications per assistance requested.
- Perform data entry requirements within organization’s database – ServicePoint and ensure quality.
- Maintain Transitional Housing waitlist and file per clients in compliance with funders.
- Attend weekly Case Staffing and Transitional Housing Meetings with project staff as assigned.
- Assist in identifying, writing, and follow up reporting for organization grants with Grant and Database Administrator.
- Assist in providing advocacy to clients in need within housing project.
- Update and maintain housing referral lists within the community.
- Work closely with shelter staff regarding client’s case management participation.
- Prepare check requests for payment of assistance – rent, deposits, and utilities.
- Assist project volunteer in coordinated household establishment assistance.
- Any other duties needed in relation to the Transitional Housing Project.
*** Recruiting handled exclusively by O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s premier recruiting and headhunting agency. Please apply online at www.o2es.com. You will find the link in the top right hand corner of the webpage. After you complete the online application, call us to schedule an interview! 530-223-4674