Must have installed Ethernet (CAT5, CAT6) based surveillance/CCTV systems in work history
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM TECHNICIAN SUMMARY
Local Communications Company is currently seeking candidates to interview for a Low Voltage and surveillance system technician position. This is a great opportunity with a local, growing company!
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM TECHNICIAN HOURS
Primarily days but evenings and weekends will be required occasionally
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM TECHNICIAN COMPENSATION
· $15-20+ per hour DOE
· Voluntary Dental, Vision, Medical, and Term-Life Insurance
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS
· Must have installed Ethernet (CAT5, CAT6) based surveillance/CCTV systems in work history
· Able to safely and efficiently work independently and within a small work group
· Knowledge of secondary DC power work, wire wrapping, fiber testing, BICSI Certification is all a plus
· Ability to work at heights, including frequent ladder use and operation of scissor/man lifts
· Present self in a positive, businesslike manner
· Have an acceptable driving record and pass pre-employment and random drug screens
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM TECHNICIAN DUTIES
· Installation and maintenance of analog and digital surveillance/CCTV Cameras, NVRs, DVRs, IR emitters, their mounts and any other associated equipment.
· Installation and maintenance of Access Control systems, PIR detectors, position switches, electromagnetic locking devices, electric strikes, their mounts and any other associated equipment.
· Installation and maintenance of Clock, Bell, and Intercom systems and any other associated equipment.
· Build out of cabling infrastructure, including cages, trays, racks, ladder racks, j-hooks, d-rings
· Use of CAT 5E, CAT 6 cables and auxiliary equipment
· Placing of EMT and corrugated innerduct conduit
· Follow industry and company standards and guidelines with installation of transport equipment, cabling and low voltage work
· Ability to efficiently plan and perform work, think ahead, foresee and eliminate concerns, troubleshoot and share corrective ideas
· Complete work as directed by job site lead, or lead others in a respectful and efficient manner
· Assisting in training of less experienced technicians
· Maintain clean and safe work site
· Other duties as assigned