O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local CPA Firm to find their next STAFF ACCOUNTANT. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- 5 Years Accounting Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Similar
- Reporting Skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Understands and Abides by Confidentiality Regulations
- PC Proficiency
- Excellent Verbal Communication
- $20/hour to start with growth potential
RESPONSIBILITIES for STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for sales and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.