PAYROLL SPECIALIST SUMMARY
O2 Employment Services is looking for a Payroll Specialist. This is a full time, long-term position. Full Time, Full Benefits…the works!
About us: Thousands of small and mid-sized businesses nationwide leverage the flexibility and scalability of O2 Employment Services to help them maximize the return on investment in their people. Essentially, O2 Employment Services serves as the full-service HR department for these businesses, providing each employee with support previously only available at much larger companies. O2 Employment Services delivers a comprehensive solution comprised of innovative management and administration services, helping employers to streamline HR administration, optimize HR practices, and maximize people and performance. This solution enables both businesses and their employees to achieve their full potential, giving them an edge over competitors.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST COMPENSATION
Competitive hourly rate + benefits
PAYROLL SPECIALIST HOURS
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional overtime, when necessary
PAYROLL SPECIALIST JOB DUTIES
- Paying employees by calculating pay and deductions
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
- Updates payroll records
- Learn and abide by industry specific laws and regulations
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, etc.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience doing certified payroll and prevailing wage is required
- Must have extensive experience processing payroll not just data entry
- Proficient with Word, and Excel
- Ability to follow directions, and take detailed notes
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have great customer service and people skills
- Need to have general math skills
- Communication skills are important
- Must be a team player willing to work in a fast paced environment