O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local construction company to find their next Payroll Specialist. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for Payroll Specialist
- Experience doing certified payroll and prevailing wage is required
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship requirements
- Must have extensive experience processing payroll and bookkeeping, not just data entry.
- Proficient with Word, and Excel
- Ability to follow directions, and take detailed notes
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have great customer service and people skills
- Need to have general math skills
- Communication skills are important
- Must be a team player willing to work in a fast paced environment
COMPENSATION for Payroll Specialist
HOURS for Payroll Specialist
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional overtime, when necessary
RESPONSIBILITIES for Payroll Specialist
- Paying employees by calculating pay and deductions
- Processing certified payroll
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
- Updates payroll records
- Pay taxes and workers compensation
- Learn and abide by industry specific laws and regulations
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, etc.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.