O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local nonprofit to find their next employee. This position is located in REDDING, CALIFORNIA.
Local nonprofit is seeking PARALEGAL to join their team. The Paralegal will provide direct no-cost legal assistance to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault etc. Providing assistance with Divorce, Separation and more. This is a full time, long term opportunity.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
$18-20/hour + benefits
Monday-Friday, daytime, 40 hours/week
DUTIES for PARALEGAL
- Screening victims for services and completing legal intake with victims
- Assist with safety planning
- Provide limited legal services
- Referring clients to Attorney/Legal Resources as needed
- Client Advocate Duties
- Data entry
QUALIFICATIONS for PARALEGAL
The ability to:
- Solve problems and analyze difficult or challenging issues
- Take initiative to evaluate and streamline processes
- Communicate effectively in both specific and broad terms
- Develop and maintain good relationships
- Encourage teamwork
- Strong Organization Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Multi-tasking Skills
- Time Management & Flexibility
Trained Skills Needed:
- Basic legal concepts, terminology, principles, rules, and procedures
- Document preparation techniques
- Ability to conduct basic legal research
- Basic understanding of family law, civil law, criminal law, and rules of civil and criminal procedure
- Strong verbal, writing, and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Self-sufficient and resourceful
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Post hiring requirement: Satisfactory completion of a 66-hour domestic violence and sexual assault crisis intervention training and ongoing completion of continuing education hours to maintain state certification as a domestic violence and sexual assault advocate/counselor.
MUST POSSESS the following:
- A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.