O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is partnering with a local company to find their next OFFICE MANAGER/FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER to join their pool service company located in Redding, CA We are looking for an experienced bookkeeping, finance, controller, or accounting professional to join our team on FULL-TIME basis.
The bookkeeper will oversee the company’s financial data and keep accurate books on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll through daily financial entries and reconciliations. In addition, the bookkeeper will perform recurring accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, employee benefits management, and corporate liability insurance administration. Human Resource management will be another area of oversight including new hire documentation, compliance, state disability documentation, and worker’s compensation insurance administration.
- Two Weeks’ Vacation and Paid Holidays.
- Full paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA Retirement Program (two percent of gross income with immediate vesting).
- Transitions current software (Adagio) to QuickBooks.
- Responsible for all data input and oversight functions in GL, AR, and AP.
- Compiles weekly payroll for transmission to Paychex.
- Manages company and employee contributions to Fidelity Simple IRA accounts.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts as necessary, posting transactions, and ensuring legal compliance per GAAP/FASB rules.
- Manages the billing of accounts receivable and oversees collection efforts as necessary.
- Manages and maintains the general ledger and chart of accounts.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries from point of sale system.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries as necessary.
- Maintains historical financial records by filing documents in data or hard copy format.
- Oversees all Workers Compensation reporting and administrative requirements.
- Administrates Medical and Dental Benefits.
- Manages fleet finance and reporting of the same.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal and state HR requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains all state reporting requirements for subcontractors.
- Prepares reports and supporting documentation for monthly sales and general tax reporting and works closely with company CPA to meet filing deadlines.
- Maintains, reports and pays all business property tax requirements.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for CEO and Operations Manager as requested.
- Expert in QuickBooks.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel. Proficient in Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Competent in job costing analytics.
- Expert knowledge of financial reporting modules.
- Understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accurate and reliable.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Trustworthy with confidential information (able to pass a background check).
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, majoring in Accounting or Finance.