O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local company to find their next Medical Biller. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity can will grow into full-time located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for Medical Biller
- 2 years of medical billing experience.
- Must know Medicare
- Prefer someone with optometry code experience.
- Must be proficient in ICD-10
- 10 Key by touch and type 45 wpm
- Requires excellent communication skills, including exceptionally professional written and verbal correspondence
- Excellent computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Good problem solving skills and good judgment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly
- Ability to work with direct supervision
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
COMPENSATION for Medical Biller
- $18-20 per hour depending on experience
HOURS for Medical Biller
RESPONSIBILITIES for Medical Biller
- Input all patient information into database.
- Answer telephones, transfer calls, take notes, and answer questions as needed.
- Data entry, scheduling, database maintenance, and filing
- Responsible for billing insurance companies, facility accounts and private patients; post payments.
- Bill secondary insurance.
- Responsible for all returned mail; contact patients and/ or doctors for correct information.
- Review final collection of patient accounts.
- Record payments and deposit at bank daily
- Process requests for medical records.
- Represent integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to company policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner
- Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned.