O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local company to find their next Mammography Technologist. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for Mammography Technologist
- Certificate issued by the State of California as radiologic technologist.
- Certificate issued by the State of California as a mammography technologist
- Must be CPR Certified
- Minimum of 1-3 years of on the job experience is preferred
- Requires excellent communication skills, including exceptionally professional written and verbal correspondence
- Excellent computer knowledge and ability to learn new software quickly.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Good problem solving skills and good judgment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
COMPENSATION for Mammography Technologist
- $30 to $35 per hour
HOURS for Mammography Technologist
RESPONSIBILITIES for Mammography Technologist
- Preparing and positioning patient for mammography procedures.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxiety and obtain patient cooperation.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Reviews images for proper identification and quality control.
- Performs specialized and routine mammography procedures.
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position, determines exposure factors based on patient characteristics and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density and accuracy.
- Assists radiologist in special mammography examinations.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned.