Machine Shop Assistant
O2 Employment Services, Redding’s premier agency for staffing and recruiting, is partnering with an equipment supplier to interview and find their next warehouse/machine shop associate. Position is full-time with a great local company with room for growth! This person will provide support to the Machine Shop, performing various duties as needed and instructed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Load machines with raw materials.
- Start machines to execute pre-set production jobs.
- Assist with material handling.
- Assist with prep and cleaning of bar stock.
- Assist in cleaning and counting finished parts.
- Assist with the deburring of parts.
- Other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have good attention to detail and accuracy in work product. Ability to work with detailed small parts.
- Must have the ability to read and follow work instructions and inspect work for quality control on each completed project.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Must be able to learn new things quickly, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly. Good organizational skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, able to work well with others.
- Must have the ability to speak, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Must have good reading, writing and math skills.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to conform to company policies and procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to work, use vision to see, voice to communicate, and hearing to listen. Regularly required to bend, sit, reach, stoop, crouch, and communicate. This position will be regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Must be able to frequently lift, pull, push objects that weight up to 20 pounds, and will handle some objects 50 pounds with assistance.
Current Machine Shop schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm and/or as needed. There are no regular weekend or evening shifts, but may happen on occasion.
Pay and Benefits
$14 per hour.
Once probation period is completed this position includes a generous medical, dental and life insurance plan, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
About the Company:
They have been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 52 years. We have been in Redding for over 33 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a family-owned and operated Company with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check when applicable.