MACHINE SHOP ASSISTANT SUMMARY
Local manufacturer is currently seeking candidates to interview for a full time machine shop assistant position. This is a long term position with a great local company!
MACHINE SHOP ASSISTANT HOURS
MACHINE SHOP ASSISTANT COMPENSATION
$12+ per hour depending on experience plus competitive benefit package
MACHINE SHOP ASSISTANT DUTIES
- Load machines with raw materials.
- Start machines to execute pre-set production job.
- Assist with material handling.
- Assist with prep and cleaning of bar stock.
- Assist in cleaning and counting finished parts.
- Assist with the deburring of parts.
- Other duties as needed.
MACHINE SHOP ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum high school diploma is required.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude and be able to work with detailed small parts.
- 2-3 years of related shop experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, be organized in work habits, have attention to detail, be able anticipate needs, be able to learn new tasks quickly, be able to multi-task, and be willing to change tasks as needed.
- Good communication and organizational skills. Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must work well with people, be easy to work with, work well on a team as well as independently.
- Must be able to conform to company policies and procedures.
Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy