Machine Operator Summary
O2 Employment Services is currently seeking an experienced Machine Operator to fill an opening with a heavy industrial company located in Redding, CA. The ideal candidates should be reliable, team player, always willing to work when needed.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator
- Measures pipe to fabricate pipe proper length
- Places pipe in machine, center the pipe and tighten for work. After the pipe is in place, the operator will machine a taper into the pipe, and then machine the threads into the pipe. During this process, the machine operator is responsible for verifying measurements, and thread depth using a micrometer
- After the threads are cut the operator tests the flange to make sure it screws onto the pipe properly. Adjustments are made to the threads if an issue occurs.
- Applies glue on pipe and flange and use the machine to tighten the flange onto the pipe.
- Mastery of more than one machine, capable of training others on machine operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits of the Machine Operator
- $17/hour, with a review after the probationary period
- Evening Shift, 4 10-hour shifts per week
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available after probationary period
- 401k, up to a 4% match available after probationary period
- 2-weeks paid vacation available after probationary period
- 8 paid federal holidays
- 401k or long term incentives
- Company perks
Requirements of the Machine Operator
- Good with math, able to read a tape measure and micrometer.
- Ability to understand fractions
- Ability to understand machinery processes
- High School Diploma desired
- Consistent attendance, ability to get to work on time, every day
- Team player, willingness to work when needed, help out and volunteer for extras positive, enthusiastic and helpful