LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN SUMMARY
Local communications company is currently seeking candidates to interview for a Low Voltage Technician position. This is a great opportunity with a local, growing company!
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN HOURS
Primarily days but evenings and weekends will be required occasionally
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN COMPENSATION
$14-17 per hour DOE
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES
- Installation and maintenance of analog and digital surveillance/CCTV Cameras, NVRs, DVRs, IR emitters, their mounts and any other associated equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of Access Control systems, PIR detectors, position switches, electromagnetic locking devices, electric strikes, their mounts and any other associated equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of Clock, Bell, and Intercom systems and any other associated equipment.
- Build out of cabling infrastructure, including cages, trays, racks, ladder racks, j-hooks, d-rings
- Use of CAT 5E, CAT 6 cables and auxiliary equipment
- Placing of EMT and corrugated innerduct conduit
- Follow industry and company standards and guidelines with installation of transport equipment, cabling and low voltage work
- Ability to efficiently plan and perform work, think ahead, foresee and eliminate concerns, troubleshoot and share corrective ideas
- Complete work as directed by job site lead, or lead others in a respectful and efficient manner
- Assisting in training of less experienced technicians
- Maintain clean and safe work site
- Other duties as assigned
LOW VOLTAGE & SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to safely and efficiently work independently and within a small work group
- Knowledge of secondary DC power work, wire wrapping, fiber testing, BICSI Certification is all a plus
- Ability to work at heights, including frequent ladder use and operation of scissor/man lifts
- Present self in a positive, businesslike manner
- Have an acceptable driving record and pass pre-employment and random drug screens