O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local lumber company to find their next employee.
This position is located in SHASTA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.
Local company is seeking JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN/MILLWRIGHT to join their team. This is a full time or part time, long term opportunity.
DUTIES for JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN/MILLWRIGHT
5 Years of industrial maintenance experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in: basic hydraulics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, cutting with a torch, welding with arc welder, basic charts, basic layout, blueprint reading, precision measurement, knowledge of bearings, chains sprockets, troubleshooting, precision alignment of motors and couplings. Must be able to troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems as well as assist in the design, fabrication and implementation of site-specific equipment.
Technical Training or 5 Years of industrial experience in the electrical/electronic field, working knowledge of industrial test equipment with troubleshooting & electrical skills, blueprint reading strong troubleshooting skills, data analysis and problem solving skills. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing. Must be able to follow all company’s safety processes successfully and work as part team using effective communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS for JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN/MILLWRIGHT
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have basic tools of the trade.
- Follow at all times and put into practice the company’s safety rules and procedures including lockout/tagout, confined space, and hand/eye/hearing protection.
- Weld, fabricate and assist in new installations and repairs.
- Identify all safety risks and requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work eight-hour shifts with some heavy lifting.
- High School diploma or GED.
• Must be able to read blueprints and other engineering drawings in order to efficiently perform work.
• Must be able to meet all pre-employment conditions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work well in high places, use man lifts, and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.