Local company is seeking an Inventory/Shipping Clerk to join their team. This position will likely start part time but could go full time for the right candidate.
DUTIES for Inventory/Shipping Clerk
- Receives & processes incoming shipments from venders to verify accuracy
- Inspection, sort, process and put away shipments
- Use troubleshooting and problem solving skills to verify discrepancies and immediately address any incorrect shipments
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with vendors, customers and staff.
- Ship products – determine shipping method, select appropriate shipping containers, pack items to ensure safe and prompt delivery
- Maintain excellent shipping and receiving records for tracking.
- Deliver outbound packages to shipping locations as needed (USPS, UPS & FedEx)
- Maintain physical inventory and keep organized at all times
- Coordinate monthly physical inventories and cycle counts to ensure accuracy
- Keep track of inventory and perform inventory transfers as needed between locations
- Additional responsibilities as needed
QUALIFICATIONS for Inventory/Shipping Clerk
- Good people skills and the ability to work well with others
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and be able to learn how to use other company software programs.
- Great Multi-tasker
- Shipping: pick, pack, and ship orders
- Receiving: verify, receive, and stock inventory
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift and move up to 25lbs and be able to work on their feet in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical/outside the box thinking
- Self-Motivated / Self Starting
- Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail