Local company is seeking an experienced Instrument Production Technician to join their production team. This person will assemble instruments and sub-assemblies to meet daily customer demand and production schedule. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
$12+ DOE and competitive benefit package
Monday-Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
DUTIES for INSTRUMENT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
- -Pull required materials to complete a job from the stockroom and report any shortages or damaged materials.
- -Pull job related Work Instructions.
- -Read and follow engineering drawings.
- -Assemble and test instruments, sub-assemblies and small tools. Includes basic electrical and mechanical assembly.
- -Build PCB Circuit Boards.
- -Verify that all fixtures and tooling are properly identified.
- -Work with management to identify any damaged fixtures and/or tooling needing repair or replacement.
- -Verify that all work has been completed correctly and meets Engineering and Quality standards.
- -Recommend new tooling and equipment to improve efficiency.
- -Work in a manner that conforms to safety standards used at the company regarding mechanical and electrical assembly and troubleshooting and around related equipment. Report any safety issues to the Production Supervisor or Director of Manufacturing.
- -Print product labels and manuals, assemble product manuals.
- -QC co-workers jobs when applicable.
- -Follow safe manufacturing practices such as use of eye protection, hearing protection, good shock prevention practices and interchange work to avoid repetitive stress injuries.
- -Other duties as assigned which may become essential to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS for INSTRUMENT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
- -High school diploma required, with related college coursework, trade school, or related training. –Associates degree in related field preferred.
- -Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in equipment, small parts or electronics assembly required.
- -Must be mechanically inclined and experienced in the use of a variety of hand tools, power tools, and electrical tools. Excellent eye-hand coordination and dexterity.
- -Understand the use of test and measurement equipment such as light microscopes, calipers, micrometers, volt meters and any other related equipment.
- -Must have general soldering experience and aptitude, ideally with small items. Soldering of wiring harnesses or assemblies ideal.
- -Must have basic knowledge of electrical components, such as IC, regulators, resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes and relay.
- -Basic use of Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- -Excellent attention to detail, problem diagnosis and solving skills. High level of accuracy in work product.
- -Ability to read and follow work instructions and inspect work for quality control on each completed project.
- -Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
- -Must be able to learn new things quickly, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly. Must have good organizational skills.
- -Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work well with others.
- -Ability to speak, write, and communicate in the English language fluently is required.
- -Must have strong reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and math skills.
- -Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- -Must be able to sit for long periods of time, continuously use arms, hands and fingers to manipulate parts and put together assemblies. Frequent standing, bending, walking.
- -Must have good vision.
- -Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds occasionally.