This full-time Graphic Design and Marketing Specialist creates and produces compelling design collateral and digital content that effectively communicates the work of this corporate restaurant chain. Understands marketing fundamentals, collaborates effectively with many teams and successfully manages multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Monday-Friday, daytime, some overtime if needed
DUTIES for Graphic Designer
- Plans, designs and coordinates the production of a broad range of materials, such as print ads, billboard layouts, menus, table cards, posters, banners, multimedia presentations, e-newsletters, display visuals, T-shirts, and social media.
- Prepares finished art work for printed and online materials that communicates ideas effectively and is aesthetically pleasing in form, color, shape, texture, and style.
- Operates standard office equipment used in graphic art production, desktop publishing software, and graphic design software.
- Facilitates the production of materials for distribution both in print and online and oversees the printing process.
- Interacts with franchise owners, diner staff, and home office staff to determine target audience, objectives, message, deadline, and budget; prepares bid specifications.
- Ability to prioritizes projects accordingly.
- Establishes and adheres to approved production schedules, including marketing annual calendar.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the technical, design, production, editing and proofreading of print and multi-media.
- Coordinates with home office staff, diner staff and vendors.
- Develops and implements communication strategies within established guidelines.
- Writes a variety of documents such as advertising, and publications copy.
- Maintains records and digital archive of photos and materials, including current/past projects.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, and other written materials utilizing a computer and various software.
- May require driving for position-related duties.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Occasional travel to diners and various community events.
QUALIFICATIONS for Graphic Designer
Education – Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, marketing, business or related field of study.
Experience – Minimum of three (3) years of related design experience, preferably in a corporate communications setting
Must be able to pass a background check after offer has been made.
Additional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Strong project management experience preferred.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of graphic design, marketing, communications and public information including line, form, scale, and color.
- Principles and practices of public and community relations and print and electronic media, and video.
- Theories and techniques of design, marketing, expository writing, and editing.
- Principles, theories, and applications of design, graphics, reproduction, digital publishing, web publishing, photography and video production processes, and commonly used social media.
- Web design and basic HTML programming.
- Standard office practices and procedures.
- Filing and maintaining digital archives.
- Commonly used graphic design and desktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat as well as other related computer applications.
- Current graphic design and desktop publishing technology.
- Digital photography techniques.
- Adhere to brand guidelines.
- Select appropriate design elements for print, digital, and social media materials.
- Analyze complex technical problems, evaluate alternatives, and develop creative recommendations.
- Prepare artwork for press checks and printing; serve as a liaison to vendors.
- Exercise sound judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Produce clear, effective, and accurate written materials.
- Work in a deadline driven environment.
- Organize and maintain accurate records and digital files.
- Set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Compile information from a variety of sources and present it in a clear and effective manner.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Layout, create and produce visually attractive and appropriate materials.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or machine controls.
- Repeat the same movements.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See difference between colors, shades and brightness.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.