O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local company to find their next Grant Specialist. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Burney, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for Grant Specialist
- Four years of college coursework in business, accounting, finance, public administration or related fields of study
- Four years of related professional experience in accounting, compliance, and grants
- Requires excellent communication skills, including exceptionally professional written and verbal correspondence
- Excellent computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, adding machine and internet
- Prefer technical experience in working with federal or grant management systems
- Must possess technical skills in interpreting and communicating grant documents, budget modifications, grantor regulations, tribal financial procedures, and records management.
- Must be able to maintain working relationship with management, board and fellow employees
- Good problem solving skills and good judgment
- Ability to extract and compile information
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
COMPENSATION for Grant Specialist
Monday-Friday, daytime full-time.
RESPONSIBILITIES for Grant Specialist
- Accountable for assisting in the maintenance of all contracts/grant award files and official records related to the administration of each award.
- Assists CFO and administrator in monitoring grant and contract compliance with grantor funding and contract requirements by maintaining monthly calendar of reports due
- Reviews for accuracy and mathematical calculations, all budget modifications and forwards them to the CFO and TA for approval
- Maintains the grants management data base, spreadsheets, and DocStar electronic filing system.
- Ensure all sub-grants are reported to the federal government under the Federal Financial Accountability and transparency Act
- Develops and maintains reporting requirement alerts to program managers
- Other duties as assigned